1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
4 spring onions
3 stems celery
250g button mushrooms
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup Arborio rice
2 cups vegetable stock, salt reduced
375mL reduced fat evaporated milk
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- Crush garlic clove. Thinly slice onion. Chop celery. Slice mushrooms.
- Wash baby spinach, set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add garlic and spring onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add half the mushrooms and stir through. Cook until mushrooms have browned.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir through. When the rice starts to look a little translucent gradually add all of the stock whilst stirring.
- Add remaining mushrooms and allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring regularly until the rice has absorbed the stock.
- Add the evaporated milk and stir through. Simmer for 5 minutes until the rice has absorbed the remaining liquid and has become tender.
- When the rice is just cooked (al dente), add the spinach and stir through. Take the frypan off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.