- 5 apples
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Core and chop unpeeled apples into small pieces and mix with sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually add flour and cinnamon to egg mixture.
- Fold through apple mixture until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice evenly into 16 slices.
Click here to download this recipe as a PDF.