- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, no added salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Spray oil
- Peel and chop sweet potato into 1cm pieces. Place sweet potato into a microwavable dish add 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 6 minutes or until soft.
- Finely slice spring onions. Juice lemon, and drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Drain the liquid from the sweet potato, then mash sweet potato with the chickpeas and lemon juice.
- Add spring onions, sweet chilli sauce, breadcrumbs and egg to the sweet potato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6, and shape into patties.
- Heat a frying pan on medium high heat, and spray lightly with oil
- Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
Tip: These patties can be used for burgers, in a wrap or served with a salad.
Click here to download this recipe as a PDF.