1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion
1 clove of garlic
1 can red kidney beans, no added salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon chilli
500g lean beef mince
1 can of crushed tomatoes, no added salt
2 tablespoon reduced salt tomato paste
Dash of worstershire sauce
- Dice onion. Mince garlic.
- Grate carrot and drain kidney beans, set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender.
- Stir in spices and cook for one minute. Add mince to the frypan. Cook until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans and carrot. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir in worstershire sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: pierce potatoes with a fork, put in a microwave safe dish with tablespoon water and microwave for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Serve with chili con carne mixture and reduced fat cheese.
You can also try serving chilli con carne with rice, cous cous, pasta or on top of toast.