1 tablespoon olive oil
1kg Kent pumpkin
½ teaspoon ground cumin
⅓ cup yellow split peas
1 litre vegetable stock, salt reduced
1 x 400g can reduced fat evaporated milk
- Finely dice onion. Peel and chop pumpkin.
- Lightly spray a large pot with oil. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, yellow spilt peas and stock, stir to combine. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin and spilt peas are tender. Stir though evaporated milk.
- Blend using a food processor or stick mixer, until soup is smooth and creamy.